Hi students, parents, teachers, administration and anyone else who has found their way here!

I am a year four student in the University of Victoria Teacher Education program, offered through the College of the Rockies. I am also currently an Uncertified Teacher Teaching on Call as of October 2020.

As a teacher I strive to provide my students with meaningful, engaging, and personalized learning experiences. I believe the best way to achieve this is through taking my students outdoors and allowing them to inquire about their natural environment and community. Through place-based, or community based, education, I plan to allow my students a deeper understanding of their community and all the aspects making it whole. Through environmental education, I hope to immerse my students into a more powerful learning experience. I want students to connect their learning and education to their community, surrounding environment, and to their personal lives. I want students to leave lessons seeking more information or excited to share out their discoveries and activities.

I am happy to answer any questions you have for me so please feel free to contact me.

Miss T. Whittall